Friday, December 15, 2006

In which I encourage charitable giving

There are many ways to knit for charity, and I really can't do enough to encourage them all. Hats, scarves and blankets and shawls for those who are freezing or lost or in need of comfort are always something that will make a small difference in someone else's life. There is another way for knitters in particular to make a difference, though. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (a/k/a the Yarn Harlot) organizes Knitters without Borders, a way in which knitters get together to support Doctors without Borders. She has put out a new challenge to the knitters who read her blog.

If you don't knit, you can still give to Doctors without Borders.

(My other favorite charity is the Heifer Project, in case you were wondering.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tori says: Hey, did you know you share a birthday with Buddha? Buddha Legend

Anonymous said...

T says: Another Random comment relating to Neil Gaimon's Friday posting...I actually have read and owned John Grisham as well as Neil Gaimon. Apparently I'm strange. Go figure...and this is why I resisted the temptation of blogs for SO LONG...you all, you've got me, and now I'm lost to the dark side!!!! AAAHHHHH!

Grendel said...

Huh. That heifer website wasn't what I was expecting at all. . .

Anonymous said...

Tori says: I've actually seen some of the gifts that come from that website-it's a pretty neat idea. Very worthwhile.

Kate said...

Matter-Eater-lad and I always make donations to Heifer. It's a well-run, well-thought-out charity.

Anonymous said...

Tori says: I love the bee thing :)