Thursday, May 22, 2008

How one knows that one has had a long day.

This is the assembly for a breast pump that attaches to the breast:



There is the top bit, which has the pump-y stuff that attaches to tubes on the pump itself, and there is the bottom bit, which is a bottle that has been screwed on.

On Tuesday, I set up for my third pumping session of the day. After about ten seconds, I started to wonder why the sound was different. Then I noticed that my skirt was damp. It took me seriously thirty more seconds to realize that I had not screwed the bottle onto either of the pump assemblies, which means that I was pumping milk directly into my lap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. That's a long day, indeed. And the best belly laugh I've had in ages.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Although I'm sure in about 7 months or so I'll be very understanding.....

College Glassblower said...

need sleep much? and yet still so hilarious...